Thank you for visiting us online! We are excited to welcome you, and hope to see you in person soon.
The Xena Project is dependent on volunteer support. The more people involved, the more veterans we can welcome. We are particularly grateful for our volunteer veterans, many of whom served in Vietnam. Thank you for your continued service.
We are currently drafting our volunteer operating documents, and will make those available here once complete and lawyer-approved. In the meantime, please keep reading – if you are a fit for a position in our volunteer fantasy league, or have a great idea we haven’t thought of yet, please contact us! Xena Project President Jan Shultis is by her phone at (619) 415-1440, or write to email@example.com; we are eager to hear from you, and even more excited to work together.
Thank you for your generous gift of time and energy.
The Xena Team
We are actively seeking the following to help with group events:
- Motorcycle escorts for buses and vans that transport groups from residential facilities in the Houston area.
- BBQ masters and cooks who can bring a dish, or grill here.
- Physically strong men to assist with the movement of wheelchairs, prosthetics, ramps, and other equipment, usually for male riders.
- Experienced adult horse folks to assist with “live” horse interaction such as grooming, petting, and photo opportunities.
- Photographers eager to snap portraits of riders for use by The Xena Project, and to be given to riders as a momento. Please note – The Xena Project is run by creative people who respect your work, and always give public credit.
- PR and media experts to generate press releases, blogs, and other materials to share the good word about The Xena Project.
- Jack’s and Jill’s of all trades – to lend extra hands at group events as needs arise. Every group of visiting veterans is different, so determining specific needs of the group ahead of time can be an uncertain science, at best. We never turn down extra help!
We seek the following outside of group events:
- Drivers willing to pick up veterans and transport them to and from their riding session; lack of transportation is a limiting factor that keeps many veterans from participating in activities they would like to pursue.
- Welders, craftsman, and construction experts to donate their time and/or materials to help us construct ramps, walkways, and other accessibility features.
Please note: The Xena Project is a unique undertaking best suited to adult volunteers. Thank you for your understanding and support.